December 13th, 2010
By Cisco Systems
• 79% of clicks on “Here You Have” email occurred within the first three hours of the worm’s spread.
• During 3Q10, 7% of all Web malware encounters resulted from Google referrers, followed by Yahoo at 2%, Bing/MSN at 1% and Sina at 0.1%.
• Exploits targeted Sun Java increased from 5% of all Web malware encounters in July 2010 to 7% in September 2010.
• The Rustock Botnet was the highest occurring ROS event in 3Q10, at 21% of events handled during the report period.
• Peak Rustock activity occurred in late August 2010, declining in September 2010.
Download the report here