Lippis Report Guest Podcast Recording Procedures
For more details on the logistics of how our podcasts are edited and published, visit our Podcast Production Process page.
For Skype Video based podcast interviews, please refer to our Skype Video Podcast Recording Procedures.
The following instructions are provided to help podcast guests during the recording process. Please review these instructions carefully, and if you have any further questions, feel free to contact us.
- Turn off all cell phones
- Mute your computer
- If recording from the office, go into a quite place where you will not be disturbed or interrupted in the middle of the recording
- If you are recording from home, please let loved ones know that you are recording and keep pets in another room
- Please only use a landline to call Nick at 781-740-7801.
- The podcast recording itself will, more than likely, not require more than :30 min, however, please schedule at least :45min so that you/Nick have some discussion time prior to the actual recording, if need be.
- There are no double takes, we use the Frank Sinatra process, record it once, do it right, get out of there. Its good to think that you are speaking to a live audience such as a conference where there are no double takes
- In most cases, Nick will have already recorded his intro, therefore your recording session will start with your questions
- Do not read from slides or scripted text, the goal is for the podcast to be conversational
- Once the podcast is complete, the Lippis Report staff provides the sponsor with a draft title & abstract, along with the temp URL so that the sponsor can review. More info.
- When the podcast is posted the sponsor will receive a license certificate that details its license to host, post and distribute the podcast title and abstract as well as a permanent link to the podcast