A Low-Latency Solution for High- Frequency Trading from IBM and Mellanox

Get the White Paper

In the world of High-Frequency Trading (HFT), opportunities exist only fleetingly and therefore trading solutions must run at the lowest latency to be competitive. Low-latency 10 Gigabit Ethernet has become the interconnect of choice for HFT solutions. IBM® and Mellanox® have demonstrated a solution that performs at high throughput rates and low latency to facilitate High-Frequency Trading solutions.

9 Debates over A Low-Latency Solution for High- Frequency Trading from IBM and Mellanox

1. Nick Lippis said:

A Low-Latency Solution for High- Frequency Trading from IBM and Mellanox http://bit.ly/mOeLs2

2. Nick Lippis said:

A Low-Latency Solution for High- Frequency Trading from IBM and Mellanox via The Lippis Report http://bit.ly/l8HMHY

3. Paul Tan said:

How can I post comment if I have not been able to read the report yet.
    Regards
    Paul

4. Sauvegarde PC said:

I met up with the owner of Foxy Trading Club in Paris a month ago, where we discussed infrastructure and in particular, the backups that we’ve been providing for both his webservers and his office computers.

It soon became apparent that while our backup software was coping magnificently, his outdated hardware (who’s name I shall not mention…) was not. He was try to put through such large quantities of data that the infrastructure just couldn’t cope.

At the time, I recommended IBM as we’ve worked with them extensively in the past and in particular with EDS in the UK. I haven’t spoken to him directly since that meeting but since there is now no problem with the backups, I can only assume it worked out well!

5. hamish Lowry_martin said:

Running a Low-latency 10 Gigabit Ethernet line must represent a very low latency level when it come to tracking live market data but with the speeds attained through new fibre technology will this soon old hat.

6. Fernanda Mittlestadt said:

That applies for the majority of Cloud Storage providers. However, not for Wuala.

7. Shyla Leymeister said:

You make several valid points, needless to say, but I wouldn’t say I’m one-hundred percent with you. Nonetheless, I truly do appreciate your thought processes and appreciate the fact that other folks have very much the same worries. Many thanks.

8. Martin Vought said:

I was a big follower too until this device lost all of my data. They have some data integrity issues they need to solve first before I would feel safe using this device again. Their support sucks since it’s always a guy by the name of Frank on the phone, the poor guy must be working 247.

9. brahmesh said:

nyc post…thanks for sharing:)